Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tuesday

Okay friends! Sorry that the blogs been pretty quiet. Our internet wouldn't let me upload photos on here and I figured there wasn't much of a point of just doing word posts... Anyway, here are some pictures to finish out our first Monday, and then going into Tuesday! Here we were all (except Crystal of course who was taking the picture) just chilling out in the water. It was so fun to ride on the rafts and let the waves crash all over you! The most fun though is watching other people get stuck in the waves. When they are laying and looking like they are near drowning... Hilarious!Then that evening we went up to this old fort (Fort Amsterdam), and watched the sun set. It was a nice quiet way to finish out our day. Then we came back home and had a wonderful dinner, and nobody was ready for bed so we went back out and walked along the beach.
Tuesday we took our morning pretty slow and around 10 headed in to town (20ish minute walk) to shop. At the top of a fairly big hill there is a lookout and it also happens to be about the halfway mark to town so we stopped to let the out of breath walkers rest, and the camera toting parties snap some pictures. Another visitor took a group shot for us.

:) Couldn't pass up a photo with these! I told Mourey we need to set him up a facebook and then he could use this as his profile picture.

Shopping was quite fun and we found some lovely things to bring back :) Oh, and we also found a McDonalds... And they had Twix Mcflurries! I have ALWAYS wished that this would happen so I was smilingly slurping away at quickly melting ice cream. Ahhh so good!

This little man was selling banana chips (which strangely enough taste like potato chips) and coconut and cashews. We are such suckers... We didn't let him pass by...

Anyway, that was our Tuesday! I'm going to get off for a while and do something with Crystal, then hopefully I'll get some Wednesday pictures uploaded. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

The wave crashing is the best. It's so cool that we were there two years ago becuz I can envision so much of your trip!
L

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

I remember this lookout on the way to town well, we also took some group shots there.
Thanks for filling us in and for the nice pictures!
Keep up the good work.
W.