Thursday started off with "the dark side" as we jokingly dubbed Marge and Mourey/Mom and Dad. (We had our own little apartment, so when we had to go over to theirs we would call them that) :D I'm sure they "loved" it. Anyway, it started with "the dark side" doing water aerobics. They never convinced us 3 to join them, but we at least got pictures of them doing it!
Afterwards we went over to the Simpson Bay Beach. It is right next to the airport, like RIGHT next to the airport! Literally across the street from the beach, 25 feet or so is where the planes touch down. I can't stress enough just HOW close the planes come in. It is the only place in the world where you can be that close to landing planes. (Well civilians anyway, I'm sure in the military and all it can be different.) Enough rambling though, it was so cool! You would see tiny specks off in the distance and in a matter of about 30 seconds you would have a plane right over your head. Sometimes it would feel as if you could have reached up and touched them as they went over.
Ah yes, Rachel and I trying to get "cool" pictures. It's nice having an accommodating photographer sister... :) We stayed at the beach for about 4 hours and saw a TON of planes land and take off. There is a tiny little airport on the other side of the island, but its strictly for little private planes, so basically all of the air traffic on this very popular island goes through this airport. Just about every 10 minutes there was another plane coming in, and before we got ready to leave it was about every 5 minutes. So cool! But, there wasn't much shade and most of them were getting pretty sunburned so we hightailed it out of the beach and went "home".
On our way home we sent Marge, Mom and Dad to the store to get the last few grocery items we needed for our last two days :( But the perk was that while they did that, Mourey and us 3 snuck over to Burger King and got some of the best vanilla milkshakes I've ever had!
Then I made them all dinner. We had cheeseburgers, but I put bacon, avocado, ranch and onion on them. :D I'm thinking our summer just got more interesting! We will definitely have to make them again.
That was our Thursday, in a nutshell.
1 comment:
I will look forward to the burgers
Post a Comment