Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friday

Well, Thursday night found us wandering the beach next to our resort looking for shells. We found quite a few! Compulsive me didn't move to far from my first "strike" but there were just so many in that one area. :) I enjoyed my night! Then Friday morning Dad, Marge and I went back to the fort to watch the sun rise. Ah so spectacular!
Whilst meandering about the fort I taught Marge how to "whistle" on a piece of grass. She was overjoyed because I guess its one of the things she never was able to master it as a kid.

I decided to go adventuring and decided to climb down the rocks. A little risky in some areas but super fun! I somewhat wish that I would have been wearing longer pants... I would have roasted, but there were a lot of weeds :/ And my freakish mind could only thing of all the horrid things that could be hiding in the underbrush...
That's what I climbed down. And from there traipsed all over! Lots of rock formations and stuff to climb around on and they went all the way down into the water! I'm not putting up a ton of pictures right now, but maybe sometime I'll put up some more.
Ha, Dad must've realized it was going to take a while so he came down and joined me.
One of my favorites! I had started at the bottom (having to jump out of the way every time the waves came rushing in) and made it to the top! I wish Illinois had this kind of stuff closer. It was so cool.
The rest of Friday was spent mostly in the water. We did another shell hunt. Finished all our leftovers from the week because we were going to be homeless for about 3 hours between resorts. Then we packed up. Went for a night swim. And ate our ice cream overlooking the ocean :) This has been such an amazing trip! And its only 1/2 over!

3 comments:

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

I like your little morning sunrise ceremony, even if that would not be my time.
Night shell hunting? hmmm I thought daylight would actually be somehow helpful seeing the objects, but I might be wrong (-:
Very cool picture of you standing on top of the rock!

Oh and one more thing, I can picture you guys really suffering eating all the leftover ice cream, poor things.
W.

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

Isn't God's creation amazing! I am over joyed with the fact that you all are experiencing this time! Keep those cards and letters coming!
L

Kathy said...

I can`t wait to see and hear about your new resort, I hope the view out of your room will even get better.