Sunday, January 22, 2012

My near constant companion

So we got some snow on Friday... it all started about half an hr. before I left for my riding lesson :)

It was falling steady but not too hard so I showed up at Emilys and we had maybe half an inch.. you could still see the grass and all that... But when i got thru with my lesson we probably had 3 inches!!! (we are talking like only and hr. and we had all this!)

So by then my fam was calling frantic, and wanting me to come home.. I kicked around the idea of just holing up at Emilys for the weekend (or at least until the roads were plowed and the snow was done....) but didn't.. I decided to try getting home cuz if It got too bad I could always turn around... Stupid Stupid me... the roads were AWEFUL!!! (especially in a little car)

but even 1 mile away from Emily's I had no idea how I could get to a place to turn around.

I kid you not... most of the way home I couldn't even see the road.. and heaven forbid another car went by.. i drove 25 miles an hr. from Forreston, to Dixon..

When i got to Dixon i was so stressed out I called mom and said I was just staying at Grandpas... see them all when it was done...


(but thank God for Uncles with 4 wheel drive, who take pity on you and give you a ride home :) :)


All this to say lots of snow, gets lots of shoveling.. and yes I've done lots this weekend... :)


.R.


1 comment:

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

Well praise God you were safe. I know that stress of driving in snow. Ugh...
L