Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Jared!

For Jared's 16th birthday, we decided that he needed something special to commemorate the occasion. Rachel really wanted to kidnap him and haul him off somewhere that he wouldn't expect. We didn't quite get that to happen, but his Mom and I planned a surprise birthday party for him.

While his parents took him off to Rockford for the day (and he was under the impression that was the only way he was getting to celebrate) the girls and I went and decorated the little apartment in Eldena that Aunt Amy has been renting. I think we were clever and decorated quite fun!


Gotta have streamers! They about did me in though, it took way longer than I thought it would...

Ready to party on!

Family always gathers to celebrate Jared's birthday, but we got a bunch of friends together as well and hid in the main room with the lights off as Jared and his parents came in to "check on the broken microwave".

And proceeded to completely surprise him with shouts of SurpriseHappyBirthdayHaHaHaWeSoGotYou!

Ice Cream cake!


Jared and his grandparents.


We kicked all the parents out and celebrated young people style.

Loud music, lots of caffeine, pizza...

The birthday boy.Other than my sisters and I (who were the hosts) and our friend Alex (who we invited to help keep our sanity) it was a "guy party". And the majority of the evening found them all beating on each other... Whatever makes 'em happy...

Blessing the birthday boy.

Jared and his soccer buddies.



Happy Birthday Jared! I hope you realize how special you are!

1 comment:

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

How sweet of you girls to surprise Jared's 16th,
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY from Lake Havasu!!!
W&L&M&R