Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Kickin' Off 2011

New Years Eve at the Kalebaugh's house! 6p.m. until whenever.

A few people showed up... Heh, we had originally told somebody that we were having just a small group of family and friends over, because that's how we thought it would turn out, but lately we've been getting really good at expecting just a couple of people and being pleasantly surprised by a posse :) Pretty funny when their eyes bugged out and they asked "is this what you call a small group!?" :)

Some of our guests trying to find some relative peace and quiet...

I'm afraid (but apologetically fine with the fact) that we were quite rowdy in the other rooms... We were in, and good on the "big party night", but we were definitely going to have fun! The faint of heart were scared off early, but almost everyone stayed and finished off the year with us ;)
Shiloh and her Daddy :)

Sawyer helped Crystal unload the paper shredder into the confetti bowl, what a little angel!
This lil' guy's got such a wonderful personality, and made it 'til midnight!Danny brought his guitar along, so he and Bristol W. shared some of their talents with us. Jamie even joined in on the piano for a while.

We almost missed watching the clock run out, but thankfully 3 minutes before 12 somebody noticed what time it was and we all loaded up with confetti. Countdown from 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3! 2! 1!

Happy New Year!

A half hour later, Rach tackled me and held me down and everyone else stuffed confetti all over and in me. EEEwwww! Clothes, ears, nose, mouth... Don't know why they chose me, but goodness did it take a while to get even remotely paper free... I still found a few pieces of confetti when I vacuum the living room yesterday.

Aww, how sweet :P

So long 2011, and Welcome 2012! Please treat me well...

2 comments:

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

I really don't know what to say except: I love all of you so much and I'm glad you had such a great time, thanks for sharing!
Poor Becky, that confetti attack looked pretty bad.
W.

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

I just loved reading about your family! HAPPY NEW YEAR