Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Willow Creek Christmas :)

:) Lauren and Wolfgang, I finally got this post up!
Especially because I know you were probably wondering what kind
of people we took to your house while you were gone, I made sure to take
quite a few "people" pictures. So here we are in the parking lot waiting for
all the other people from 'the caravan' to get out of their vehicles.
Me, Michael M., Crystal, and Stevie M.

Crystal and Alex!Alex and Me sort of "camera-warring".

The pretty auditorium? I'm not really sure what you call it...
It was all decorated and had light bulbs hanging everywhere! They looked
like stars when the main lights were turned down.
Singing Christmas carols.
:) Kinda like a mini-concert.
Willow Creek has VERY talented musicians!
And actors for that matter!
They put on a very wonderful production that I quite enjoyed.
This was all the pictures that I got of the stage though (sorry!)
Some of the Waasdorps :) The sat two rows behind
the rest of us. They ordered their tickets a day after the rest of us did,
but thankfully we still got to be relatively close to each other!
The rest of the Waasdorps! And Rachel... :)
And half of our row. We took up a whole row in one of the
sections! (I think that was 22 seats!)
Stevie, Michael and Me. We were being "cool". :)
That's why we wear our sunglasses inside!
Back at Lauren and Wolfgang's house (which they ever so kindly let us
'borrow' even though they are not there!!!) we feasted! And I do mean
that literally. There was food set out everywhere!
Wolfgang, do you notice in the bottom right-hand corner of this photo
that we had colored peppers in your honor??
Mary-Sue, who was a wonderful hostess stand in for Lauren (but we
reallyreallyreallyreally missed Lauren!!! :*( Boohooo!) Had put on
"White Christmas" to add to the ambiance or something like that...
Guess what, we are definitely having a white Christmas this year!
We got 3 or 4 in. of snow last night, and the weather channel says we are going
to get hit with another strain of snow Thursday or Friday.
I guess that's fine though. Then maybe Winter will get the snow out of its
system and we'll be ready for Spring, say, come Sunday?? :D
I came into the room later to find Mary-Sue and her daughter
singing the "Sisters" song :D And couldn't help but take a picture!
More food (yumyum!) Even MORE food! (see, I told you we feasted!)
And COOKIES!!!!
We had a wonderful fellowship time with everyone there, but it was
sad not having L&W with us. We really felt like part of 'us' was missing for
the whole evening. Oh yeah... It was :(
Rach and I trying to be cool... Sigh, we fail awfully at looking 'cool'...
Lauren! You'll be happy to know that there were a few Christmas decorations up!
And uh, maybe its a good thing that 'dancing santa' wasn't in the bathroom...
It might have given one of the 'newbies' a heart attack :P
Our shoes. Not quite as chaotic as in years past... Maybe
we are all improving on our organizational skills?? The... More 'mature' crowd monopolized the red couch and watched White Christmas.
Muh ahahahaha! And pretty much left the rest of the house to the rest of us!
Don't worry, don't worry, we behaved and didn't destroy anything!
And some clean-up. Leave it to a Mom to realize that the bread should be
put away as soon as everyone was done eating so that they wouldn't
have a whole bunch of giant croutons later...
Then after White Christmas was over, Crystal (with a little help) figured
out how to work the speakers on W's computer so that we could watch the
messages that L, W, M, and R had sent us!
We loved them! Especially the singing! :D
And last but not least, a group picture!!
ThankyouThankyouThankyou Lauren and Wolfgang for lending us your
house! I'm sure it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to let a bunch of
strangers traipse through your house without being home, but it added
so much to our night, and we so enjoyed ourselves!

THANK YOU!!!!

5 comments:

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

I loved this post! Thank you for sharing the day with us. I don't know half of those people... Too funny! I had seen the tv on on one of bridgets photos and couldn't believe folks were watching tv at a party, but now I am glad to hear it was a christmas movie. They had tiny lights hanging from the auditorium ceiling ( yes we call it the auditorium ). Just don't call it the Christmas program LOL! The lights must have been cool! And everyone did watch the videos... U sent proof. Hey question... Did we stay relatively on key during our song? On second thought... Don't answer that. Xoxo

Wolfgang and Lauren said...

You girls are just so super special, thanks for taking and posting al the pictures.
We really feel like being a part of your party.
We are glad that we could be your host away from home and we were not nervous at all about all of you invading our home (it did not matter that there were a lot of folks we didn't know).

Rach I really like the pictures of you to the left of some "Wasdorpers"
Your outfit is really cool!
Man do I miss and love all of you!!!
W.

Kathy said...

Wow I know exactly five people in this picture the Kalebaughs :-)) I am glad you had a nice time. Ja I even miss Wolfgang and Lauren in the pictures I can imagine that it felt a bit aud. So how how come there where not more poeple from the Refuge this year???

dancingthroughreality said...

Well Kathrin, a lot of people that used to go to the Refuge don't come anymore :( But there are quite a few campers that come regularly now so that is nice. And the Lee's and Rogers had stuff going on Saturday but I think they are going on a different day!

dancingthroughreality said...

And don't worry Lauren, White Christmas was more of a soundtrack since we couldn't get the computer speakers to work for a while. We didn't really watch it too much :)