Sunday, December 25, 2011

Good Words.

Merry Christmas to all :) To prepare for Christmas, and not knowing if there were going to be people in my room or not, I did a deep clean/purging of my stuff. I ended up pulling all the books out from under my bed (they are there because I don't have a bookcase and that's the next best place for them in my room). Anyway, I found some lil' gems I had forgotten I had stashed under there. So on this beautiful evening I'm being a nerd and laying on my bed reading lyrics out of an old and really mildewy hymnal... My sinuses might hate me, but oh well, I'm enjoying myself! I read this hymn and just wanted to share it with you all. Sleep well my friends!

Go And Tell Jesus

Troubled art thou? Oh, be of good cheer;
Go and tell Jesus, he ever is near;
No anguish so deep, no trouble so dark,
But Jesus can bid it forever depart.

Tempted art thou? The Lord will provide a way of escape;
Keep close to his side; in watching and pray'r, by looking to him,
A crown of rejoicing, a vict'ry you'll win.

Doubting art thou? Examine thine heart,
Perhaps from the Savior you're prone to depart;
Your love growing cold, your faith getting weak,
Repair to your closet, with Jesus go speak.

Weary art thou, press on in the way,
Strength shall be given to thee with the day;
The burdens of life, if patiently borne,
Give place unto rest at the break of the morn.

Go and tell Jesus, he ever is near;
Go and tell Jesus, have nothing to fear;
No anguish so deep, no trouble so dark,
But Jesus can bid it forever depart.

No comments: