Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day :)

Well, you should all be proud. Rachel and I decided to take it upon ourselves

to put together the swing that we got Mom for Mother's Day!

Mom had been hinting around for a while that she wanted one, and so

us four kids finally got her one. Nothing like waiting until the last minute

though, we didn't go and get it until Saturday afternoon and so after Mom went

to be that night, Rachel and I snuck out to the garage and started working on it!Lets just say that it was a little more involved than we first expected it was.
And at first I thought "Oh, it will be easy. There are directions"
But no, they were very vague mini-instructions that didn't explain much :/



But hey, how hard can it be??Okay, really. It took us a half hour to figure out which set of legs was supposed

to go in front and which was supposed to go in back.

None of the stupid parts were even labeled!!! Grrrrr.

But finally we figured it out, and then the rest of set up went much better!

We only ran in to a few more problems...

But after a few more slight set-backs we got the majority of it

put together and the rest was childs play :) Or something like that...

(Slightly crazed laugh) We're done, we're finally done!!!

:) Switchfoot kept us good company for the time it took us.

And then the next morning we unloaded Crystal's trunk which had all the rest

of our little Mother's day surprises in it.

There you are, the finished product!

And Rach and I are about 2 hrs. wiser :D

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am shure your Mom liked her gift a lot didn`t she. What a great thing to do. And yes verry often those instructions are frustrating. But you can be proud you did it.