Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt!

So my fine bloggy friends, I'm FINALLY posting now! I haven't posted

anything lately because basically there hasn't been anything to blog about.

We've been doing lots of stuff, but our little camera is kind of acting up I haven't

taken many pictures and I didn't want to make anybody bored with just a bunch of

word posts. Well, that and I've been lazy... :P

Anyway, the Saturday before Easter was the 3rd annual Eldena Easter Egg hunt!

There were 1 thousand handfilled easter eggs (that took a while to do), and we hid

them all over 3 backyards for the 30ish kids that showed up!

Everybody congregated in our yard to start off and then they all dispersed into their

designated age appropriately hidden areas!

For the younger kids (like the 1-6 year olds) we didn't hide the eggs very hard.
Actually we really didn't hide them at all... They were sort of just laid them out
in the grass. We hid some of them but there were 600 eggs to hide in two
yards and there are only so many hiding places... So I hid as many as I could
but when I ran out of spots to hide them I just started to scatter them on the
grass. Plus, they're so young they enjoyed just getting to harvest them :D
A close up...I don't know if you can see them or not, but this is what I meant about it being
part 'easter egg harvest.' They are just scattered all over the yard.

The little kids were all just so excited! They loved finding each egg and it was

like a major discovery for them even though you saw how I 'hid' them.

And I think the parents enjoyed it almost as much as the kids :)

Even though there were 600 eggs the kids found all but about 25 of them

in just about 15 minutes.

It was fun to see all the families together also. Most of the people in Eldena

all have grown children with kids of their own so it was like grandparents,

their kids, and then all the little grandkids running around.

Cameron and Karley got to come, and it was so nice to have them be there.

The parents were giving clues to the kids ;)

Cannnndyyyyy :D

After all the eggs were found we had snacks set out for everybody.

Chips, vegetables, sandwiches, and rice crispy treats!

And we had little goodie bags for each of the kids.

We made them all. And they were supposed to be Easter Bunnys.

I felt sorry for the parents of the kids who found THIS much candy.

After putting on the Hunt in Eldena we went to Lee Center which is about

15 minutes away from Eldena, and put another hunt on for them! Twice the fun in one day!

There we had 1000 eggs also, but a way smaller space to hide the eggs in and

a lot less time to hide them also, so it was a churchyard that they were

all in this time and by the time we were done it looked like a rainbow!


A little mini 'staff meeting' or something like that :)

There was a great turn out over there! And all those kids found the eggs in even less time than the Eldena kids did!


Yes, they all had a little 'help' but hey, they're young yet...

It was a great day, and warmer this year than last, so all in all

it was a wonderful day! I can't wait until next year!!


1 comment:

Kathy said...

That is such a cool thing for kids. I remember one time my Grandma and me wanted to go to a egghunt like that when I was little and it was closed :-( Since I still remeber this you can assume how frustrating that was. Soo great you worked so hard to put a smile on all those kids faces.