Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pictures? No. Way.

So, last night two of my favorite little buddies came over for a visit.
Of course within 5 minutes of their arrival they found their way to my
room and we set to work catching up. It'd been a while since they had
gotten to come over here, so we had lots of things to discuss.
I got designated to wear the safari hat that one of them had brought
along, and while wearing it we had a conversation about cooties. And just so
we wouldn't be too scared my other little buddy donned his headlamp and
decided to shine it in my eyes. :) I love the minds of 4 and 6 yr. olds!

Later in the evening, after eating the chocolate pieces out of the caramel corn,
we came upstairs to play dress up... Unfortunately, we don't really have any play
dress up clothes, but we made do with fixing each others hair, wearing halloween
spider rings, and then good ol' Becky got out her makeup and let them do a makeover
on me. Oh. My. Goodness! I had green, brown, pink, purple, and charcoal color from
my eyelashes to my eyebrows.

I love getting glimpses inside of children's minds. Their version of "beauty" is so
unmarred. They don't really care about physical appearances, they love color. They
just want somebody to listen to them. They get excited over the simplest things, and
the only thing that they expect from you is for you to listen to them.

I had a really good time last night. :) Sorry though, no pictures. No "Wow it looks
like she's got two black eyes."

~But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the kingdom
of heaven belongs to those who are like these children." ~Matthew 19:14

No comments: