Saturday, when we went to get our Christmas Tree's the weather was pretty disgusting. It was under 40 degrees (but not freezing temp so no snow) and drizzly rain was spattering everything. We have went tree hunting in pretty much every weather imaginable. One year it was almost 60 degrees, other years its really windy, some years we have had pretty snow falling. One year it was even a sleet/ice mixture and windy. At least sleet/ice is wintery. Rain is not so much. We of course are such traditionalists that we "had" to go on this specific day, but the weather really really could have been nicer. Really. Anyway, enough downer-ness. We looked pretty funny with our umbrellas and raincoats :) We even brought lovely blue tarps for the guys to lay on while they cut the trees!

Wonderful happening of the day, Rachel was at long last reunited with her brain!
Hehehe sorry, it was too good to pass up titling this picture with that. We found a hedge apple tree and always find them intriguing so we always take pictures of and with them ;)
Can you say redneck!!? The "treefarm" was home to these goats. The goats were very friendly and kept a steady soundtrack to our treesearch, but really, very redneck!
Who gave her a saw!!??
Yes yes, another "traditionalist" picture. We all go and stand as a group around the other person from the group who is cutting down their tree... We like it that way.
Then it was back to our house. We all warmed up, and dried out while eating leftover Thanksgiving pie and listening to Christmas tunes. I love our family...
No picture of our tree yet, as it is not decorated. We unfortunately forgot to water it the first night, so Dad has to go and recut the bottom of it so it will absorb water. But after that I'll get a picture of it up. For now, I figured we harp on W&L to blog about what they're doing so I should eat some of my own medicine and give them a post. Plus now I still have some source to blog about ;) See you soon bloggyworld!
Hehehe sorry, it was too good to pass up titling this picture with that. We found a hedge apple tree and always find them intriguing so we always take pictures of and with them ;)
Can you say redneck!!? The "treefarm" was home to these goats. The goats were very friendly and kept a steady soundtrack to our treesearch, but really, very redneck!
Who gave her a saw!!??
Yes yes, another "traditionalist" picture. We all go and stand as a group around the other person from the group who is cutting down their tree... We like it that way.
Then it was back to our house. We all warmed up, and dried out while eating leftover Thanksgiving pie and listening to Christmas tunes. I love our family...
No picture of our tree yet, as it is not decorated. We unfortunately forgot to water it the first night, so Dad has to go and recut the bottom of it so it will absorb water. But after that I'll get a picture of it up. For now, I figured we harp on W&L to blog about what they're doing so I should eat some of my own medicine and give them a post. Plus now I still have some source to blog about ;) See you soon bloggyworld!
1 comment:
Lovely blue tarps! I ask you this and a very serious question... why BLUE tarps?!?! It's Christmas time, why not a green tarp?
Post a Comment