On Friday, our last day to go "do" stuff, there was a landmark that
certain parties wanted to make sure us girls got to see before we left ;)
So, Friday morning we got ourselves together and headed off to see the Rio Grande.
Now, it is a hilarious story, and you HAVE to ask sometime. It is so funny!
But anyway, we saw this and just HAD to get a picture by it especially for
Wolfgang! Look! We found a big blue tarp!! It was covering part of the wall
that was being built around the Rio Grande...
And there it is...
All of us except Marge (who so kindly took the picture) in the little
overlook area. It was so warm and sunny out that day... (sorry I only have
a post or two left to brag about the warmth...)
And this one is especially for T. Mourey actually pulled over and parked
to make sure we would get a picture to have for you of this... And he wanted
us to text it to you just to rile you :P
Next up was lunch. We decided on a place called "Dirty Al's". That sounds
very reassuring and appealing doesn't it!? There was a guy on the plane that
my Dad was talking to when we flew into Brownsville and he told us we had
to make sure and go there because they had the "best" seafood...
Oh my goodness he was so right! Not only was it wonderful but it was huge!
The shrimp were the biggest ones I have ever seen, and everything was
delicious! And I don't even like seafood very much!
And of course where there is a body of water, there will be seagulls...
Dirty Al's was right next to the shore so we took our leftover french fries
and bread and fed it to the birds.
I 'sort of' freaked out when they would get too close... So I opted for just taking
the pictures and recording... :D
After feeding the birds we headed off to the beach! We spent the rest
overlook area. It was so warm and sunny out that day... (sorry I only have
a post or two left to brag about the warmth...)
to make sure we would get a picture to have for you of this... And he wanted
us to text it to you just to rile you :P
very reassuring and appealing doesn't it!? There was a guy on the plane that
my Dad was talking to when we flew into Brownsville and he told us we had
to make sure and go there because they had the "best" seafood...
Oh my goodness he was so right! Not only was it wonderful but it was huge!
The shrimp were the biggest ones I have ever seen, and everything was
delicious! And I don't even like seafood very much!
Dirty Al's was right next to the shore so we took our leftover french fries
and bread and fed it to the birds.
I 'sort of' freaked out when they would get too close... So I opted for just taking
the pictures and recording... :D
of the afternoon there, and when the sun started going down we said our
goodbyes to the beach and got a group picture.
Isn't it a nice picture...?
Isn't it a nice picture...?
We really don't want to go... :(
Then after getting back to Brownsville we 'had' to stop at this little
ice cream place. We passed it every time we went to the beach and figured it'd
be a great "last hurrah" to finish our day.
It was.
It was.
was Cavender's! Rachel really really wanted to find a western store while we
were in Texas so she could buy a hat... We had to search a while but finally found
a store closeish to us and went. Let me tell you, that store was so cool! Rach and I
decided we could just live in a store like that!
And she found her hat :)
And she found her hat :)
Friday was definitely a success.
1 comment:
Nice pictures, looks lie a lot of fun.
Post a Comment