Soooo, in case the title of this post didn't already give it away,
Crik, Dad, Rach and I got to go to Ignite Chicago on Saturday!!
For those poor uninformed ones of you, Ignite Chicago
is a big Christian Concert/Event. It's held at Alexian
Field (minor league baseball stadium) in Schaumburg, and
they have 10 different bands that play on Saturday and Sunday.
We only got to go on Saturday, but it was SO much fun!
The bands we got to see perform were: Lightswitch, After Edmund,
Remedy Drive (who Crystal and I had gotten to see at a different
concert the night before) :D, Rush of Fools, Leeland, Sanctus Real,
Matthew West, Barlowgirl, Jeremy Camp, and Third Day!
It. Was. Amazing!
Of course on the drive up there Rach and I were getting a little
bored in the backseat... I started getting carsick so I had to
stop reading my book, so I started snapping mindless pics...
Just be glad I'm not posting all of them :)
Mapquest had a bit of a disagreement so we just used a mix
of information from both of them...
little disagreement :P
With these super important pieces of paper we were able to
get in and out of the stadium without being beaten up by the
security guys :D
"fancy" wristbands we got to wait on the stairway leading into the
stadium for a while. So we took more mindless pictures...
morning not a ton of people had shown up by the time we arrived.
So that means we got some pretty great seats! :D
(no matter how we tried to convince him, he just couldn't believe
that with all the other bands T.A.N. was not going to be there),
and reading all the little pamphlets we got :P
Unfortunately, because of all the rain we weren't allowed
out on the field because everything was so saturated. So even
though we had great seats we were still pretty far away from
the stage... The bands all played great though!
I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! :D
Lightswitch was the first band that played.
I'd never heard of them before, and was surprised because
they are really good!
its pictures of different bands! You just can't tell because
the pictures are so small on here!
This was After Edmund.
They put on a really fun show!
:D And Dad used the title of one of their songs for a sermon
illustration on Sunday! Lol, the song was called
"Dance Like You're From The Future"...
Yes, Dad comes up with some 'unique' messages :D
(I mean that in a good way!!!)
It was really fun seeing these guys perform two days in a row!
:( But I didn't get any "headstand on the piano" pictures...
for quite a while, so it was really cool that we got to see them there!
Aaaannnd they even played my favorite song of theirs! :D
He decided that pictures needed to be more fun
and was trying to come up with different poses do do with
whatever person came by :D
Hahaha, this is what he came up with for me...
Ahh I like this band...
managed to keep everything bright and very warm...
Very warm.
Crystal and I were out waiting in signing lines while
they played... But we "watched them from afar" and could
hear them quite well :)
worrisome weather report and filled up the stands!
Hmm, why do they call them "stands" if they are really seats??
Oh look! Traffic cones! :D
In Sanctus Real's signing line...
Hmm, why do they call them "stands" if they are really seats??
I guess you'd probably call them Sanctus Real "members"
but just saying The "other" Sanctus Real's sounds so much funnier!
so I went to say hello and ended up getting my picture
taken too :o)
event, so during some of the intermissions they came
out and talked and did advertising for their school ;)
up catching quite a few UV rays... Rach got some pretty
"ouchy" sunburn on her legs... Ouch!
"ouchy" sunburn on her legs... Ouch!
they were sitting on the other side of the stadium but came
to visit during one of the soundchecks!
It's just what we do... :P
In the signing line for Leeland!
I'd never seen him in concert before either, so that was
pretty fun! He even made up one of his "original"
'it doesn't rhyme but talks about whatever event he's at'
verses to one of his songs :)
verses to one of his songs :)
And my shirt looks pretty great with all those autographs too...

Its normally really hard to get a good picture of the drummer
I wonder if they practiced turning around at the same time
Ah Ha! Multitasker! Keyboard and Guitar!
that they ran out of room, so when they were signing autographs
they were using peoples backs...
It reminded me of that game where you tape paper to somebody's
It reminded me of that game where you tape paper to somebody's
back and then they have to guess what you just wrote from
what they felt.
They are probably my favorite all-girl band so I was
really glad that they were there!
And they announced that it had dried enough so that we could
finally go out on the field!!
There was just a ton of people who RAN to get there!
The 4 of us must be pretty fast runners because we got there
really quick and got great spots by the stage!
We were only 3 rows of people back from the barriers
they had set up around the stage!
Since we were so close to the stage I got some pretty good
pictures! Heh, I got a lot of bad/blurry ones too.
I think the main thing is I got a LOT of pictures...
It was hard just picking out a few to put on here!
in a band becuase they are ordinarally positioned right behind
the singer, but Barlowgirl had the stage set up differently
(I guess there are perks to being a 3 person band), and I got
a couple of cool, very clear pictures!
or if it just happened like that?? I'm guessing they probably
practiced beforehand...
:D I love this picture!
red guitar...
Gotta love Dad's face in this one...
were planes flying over ALL day. Thankfully they were
high enough up there that you couldn't really even hear them.
I think he said he was the leader of the Worship Arts program.
He sang a couple of songs while Jeremy Camp's stuff got set up.
We got to have a couple of "stand on tiptoe and yell back and
forth conversations". It was fun getting to have other people
that we knew standing nearby!
Love that song...
It sounded so pretty as a piano song too!
I'm proud to say I was hoarse on our way home!
even cooler! Especially when they would have lots of colors!
It was a good one too!
I liked the lights in this one!
:P More crowd involvement...
The pretty pink sky!
Somebody brought bubbles! :D
Another Multitasker! :)
:D And another good 'drummer picture'.
We really were lucky to have such good places to stand...
from rock show to worship. And it was really great
to hear all those voices of all the people singing out
praises to our Creator and honoring Him!
It made me wonder what our Enemy was thinking, and
so I smiled smugly down at the little bit of ground I could
see around all the feet and said hahaha :D
to play so their lights looked awesome!
the whole day! 10 hours and 400ish pictures later it started
getting tired though... But it finished out the rest of the night!
I love the whole red smoke thing!
So let's rephrase that... GREAT place to stand!!!! :D
I was able to move up to the stage barriers!
when else might I have the chance to be so close to stage at
a concert?? So you'll all just have to "suffer" by looking
at all of them.
We even got to hear a couple songs off of the new
album they are working on! :D
Quite a good song to finish off the evening :)
No comments:
Post a Comment