Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just because I'm an Aunt...

Sooo, Saturday we went to the parade in Amboy with Josh and
his family. The kids were SO excited (especially the girls).
Karley and Devyn kept seeing cars drive past before the parade had
started and started jumping up and down yelling "the Parade!
I love how everything is a new experience for them. I've been to plenty
of parades, and this one wasn't exceptional by any means, but I
thoroughly enjoyed myself just sitting there with the 3 of them and
watching them be so excited, run for candy, wave at every float
that went by... (I told them that if they waved the 'nice people'
would throw them candy) :D
Twinpic.The kids were all smiles!
These beautiful faces bring me joy every time I look at them!
Their smiles are so pure, and innocent!
The weather was so beautiful out that day too,
most of us wore sweatshirts, but the sun was out and it felt
WONDERFUL!
The kids were told at the beginning that they couldn't eat
too much candy, so when they collected it they needed to put
it in a bag, they did so good with that! They'd fill their hands and
pockets and then run to the bag to unload it all :)
This was kinda creepy!
'Abe Lincoln' in the back of a truck...
For most of the parade, both girls sat on my lap :D
And of course I just "hated" that...
When this float came by Karley looked up at me and said
'Doggie?' Devyn looked at her and said, 'Horsey.'
When I told them that they were Alpaca's they though that
was pretty neat.
Candy anyone?
So yeah, just because I'm an Aunt. I can get away with
posting pretty much all pictures of the kids, I can love just hanging
out with them, get them wound up, on sugar highs, ride them around
on bikes, let them get away with a little more than their parents
usuallyallow, and then try and talk my way into letting them all come
for a sleep-over! Plus the fact that I know that when I'm tired,
Rach is there to provide reinforcements, and when we both wear
out... we just take them home!
I got the greatest job ever!
Oh how I love these kids...

No comments: