Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm weakening!

Well, I'm sure its common knowledge, but in case you didn't
know, I don't really like cats. Seriously. I could probably count
on one hand the number of cats that I actually don't mind. And
there are only 3 that I actually LIKE. Well, that used to be true...
A very sweet, very pregnant cat has waltzed into our family and
into my heart as well. (Ouch, it hurt to say that!)
This momma kitty showed up on Sunday morning right before we
left for church and of course Crystal, Rach and Mom were petting
and cuddling it. Aunt T FED it... So before any of my family members
got into the van I made them slather their hands in GermX, and I of
course didn't touch the awful creature.
Until Monday that is.
Monday morning this thing was meowing on our doorstep (its all bony
and underfed). And although I thought I threatened them enough, I

didn't want to be the "mean sister that everyone hates" so I only let my
tirade of "you had better not feed that thing, make sure you don't let it
near Taffie's fence, take it into the road before you pet it so it won't
come by our house, WASH YOUR HANDS WHEN YOU'RE DONE!!!)
go on for a few minutes...

But of course that didn't work... On Monday, Rach fed it a can of tuna
and Crystal made it a bed in our garage out of a cardboard box, and
some old towels and sheets }:(
Monday afternoon Mom and Dad found out, and lets just say they
weren't very happy. But they got the whole "Its pregnant" speech on
how we'd be kind of like the innkeeper in the Christmas story who

throws Mary in a stable instead of a comfortable place to give birth,
if we just shooed the cat out into the "cold..."
So now, apparently we have a cat.

She is a rather nice cat. And I actually named her.
Her new name is Claire.
She looks practically ready to explode she's so pregnant!
But I think she's probably only got 3 or 4 kittens in there.
She's so skinny otherwise, that's why I think she looks so big.
Crystal though is hoping for 7-10 kittens :)
I wouldn't wish that on any mother (cat or otherwise).
So me and this cat are bonding.
I find myself scolding Taffie if she barks at Claire,
and have also been going out almost every 2 hours to pet the her and all that.

And even though when this cat gives birth it will mean lots more cats
wandering around, I am so extremely looking forwards to having the

kittens around too ;)
There's just something about new life that brings joy! And excitement.
Crik, Rach and I have already started to come up with a name list
and are trying to think of anybody we know that might possibly want a

cat. So if you need a cat... You're welcome to one (or more) :D

So now I can add another cat that I actually like to the list. :P

No comments: