Well, after a little bit of pleading (and making sure I had
Uncle Joe and T on my side) I got Mom and Dad
convinced to take us all to the Rock and Worship
Roadshow!!!
The only one we could make it to was in Cedar Rapids IA,
it was a REALLY long car ride...
Tenth Avenue North, Hawk Nelson, Jeremy Camp, and MercyMe.
But Addison Road's singer just had a baby, and Jeremy Camp
wasn't there either, so a guy named John Reuben,
and Sanctus Real filled in!
I missed not getting to see AR and JC but John Reuben did
a good job getting the audience warmed up, and I've
wanted to see Sanctus Real in concert for quite a while now
so it was still great!
We stopped on our way there and had a picnic supper!
Anybody want a potato chip?
Crik, Rach and I went and stood on the main floor
(although we had earlier staked out seats against the
wall in the balcony so it could be dejavu to our last
MercyMe concert experience)
Criky left the camera up there so after a while I couldn't
take it any more and dragged them with me (Dad told us we all
HAD to stick together or he wouldn't let us wander around)
(which was probably a good thing, being lost in a group of
9ish thousand wouldn't have been very fun...)
So I dragged them with me all the way up the hundreds of stairs
to get the camera. And its a good thing for you that I did
otherwise you wouldn't have gotten to see any pictures! :(
Here's the only picture we have of Hawk Nelson...
They put on a really fun show!
The rest of them didn't really like him, but me
and Rach thought it was pretty cool.
self portrait that Criky took of her and Rach.
but it looked really neat to see all those people packed
into one building. Especially when the lights would spin
around! (and everybody was jumping or dancing) :)
This is the big screen, as their picture was changing
from Mark (drums) to Chris (guitar) I snapped this.
I thought it was pretty cool!
of the drummer is to take it off the big screen...
So here's another one!
Oh wait wrong person ;P
If your happy and you know it clap your hands!
(but I had to make up for not getting any of the first
3 bands) Or so I told Crik...
Here's one from during the song "Don't Give Up"
while the offering was being taken.
Granted the picture isn't very clear, but it did get pretty
good sound! I was going to put some video's of Sanctus Real
on here but for some reason they won't upload.
Enjoy!
(go to the bottom of the page to turn off the blog
playlist first!)
Bart.
Mike.
And if you look kind of squinty, you can see the drum player.
Tenth Avenue North's drummer filled in for MercyMe's
because Robby's wife just had a baby about 3 days before
this concert.
Nathan.
(how come you can hardly ever see the keyboard player?)
BARRY!
I Can Only Imagine...
No comments:
Post a Comment