After Stevie's party we rushed home and changed and then were off to
Rockford to a concert at Summerwood! Summerwood is this outdoor amphitheater
Rockford to a concert at Summerwood! Summerwood is this outdoor amphitheater
that is owned by a church, and on weekends during the summer months they host
bands. Its pretty cool, but you do have to fight the bugs...
The church's resident 'band' got to open for Sanctus Real. They were pretty good!
Being outdoors really changed the dynamic of the 'concert experience'. I both
liked it and didn't like it. I liked it because it was different than most other concerts that
I go to, but didn't like it because since it wasn't completely dark out you don't
just get to hide in the crowd. Everybody can see everybody else.
The performance was great though!
The performance was great though!
They played a lot of their new songs, and also played most of the 'good oldies' :)
And thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
(And we were even able to manage the mosquitoes)
Oh! And this bell tower was out in the churchyard. It was so pretty I had to take a picture. You can't really tell from this picture but the top of this tower had stained glass windows and was all lit up inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment