Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thinkin'...

Well now, this is kind of a different sort of blog post from
most of the others that get put up on here, but for the last
couple of days this has been on my mind and I thought it was
interesting. Here goes...

Last week I read this book. Now, it was a fiction book and I don't
really think the author intended to be too "deep" in her writing, but
this one thing is just stuck in my head from it and it really got me to
thinking.
The thing that stuck out to me from this book, was a conversation
between the main character and his father. They talked about how
God made us all very unique. But we were made in His image. Since
we were made in his image, but not exactly like him we have an
empty place in us that we will try to fill. Only God himself can fill it.
And basically, we were placed on this earth was to learn to love God
and long to be with Him. Being "stuck" here on earth cultivates our
longing for heaven. Heaven seems so far away. All the things in this
life that we go through that are tough, they either make us want to
push ourselves away from God, or they increase our longing for heaven.
But God blesses us with little glimpses of what is good. Little glimpses
of perfection. Little glimpses of heaven.
Those things serve to nurture our long to be with Him in heaven when
we reach the end of our lives.
Those little glimpses are not the "real" thing. But they increase our
desire for the real thing.

I'm sorry that that was kind of jumbled.
I've just found myself thinking and thinking about that stuff all week
you know how when stuff piles up, it looks messy? Well that's how my
thoughts have been. Messy stacks, and then somebody turned on a fan :/

Epesians 3:11 says:
God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted
eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole
scope of God's work from beginning to end.

And since then I've realized that when the good stuff happens,
or I see something beautiful, or I hear the birds singing, or wake
to sunshine in my eyes and have a 4 yr. old whispering 'gmornin' Biko' ;)
It reminds me that there is 'something more'. And that my life isn't
just here. When I reach my "end", something more will be there. And
I get to finally touch that "perfect" that I have always wanted.
And I will see Him too.

No comments: