Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

Today was the 2nd annual Eldena Easter Egg Hunt! :D
Faith Center in Rockford (the church Uncle Ron/Aunt Amy
and Jared go to) donated most of the eggs (like 600!!!) and at
first I thought WHOA that is way too many eggs for the "small"
group we'll have, but of course I was wrong... There were tons of
kids! (Well, about 40, but for Eldena that's huge!!)
We started the day off with face/hand painting.
Rachel and Cecelia were our 'artists' and they did a great job!
It's a good thing those two know how to be patient with kids
because believe me, ALL the kids wanted something painted on them.

Then Mom talked for a few minutes to the kids about the real meaning of Easter. Now, I didn't hear the whole thing, but somehow she incorporated spiderman comic books into her talk... So I'd say that was one supercool "message" :)

Haha, well, Zoe (who was my helper) and I had 300 eggs to hide
just in our yard and we didn't have much time to hide them so
we just put eggs everywhere. This was one of our
ingeniously hidden eggs ;)
Wahoo! All the kids ages 5-8 were in my group and
we had a great time!
Since the ground was so muddy because of the rain this morning
we staked down some tarps for the kids to be on while we got
all the rules talked through and after when we sorted eggs.
I had somewhere between 12 and 15 kids (I didn't take
time to count, and no, they're not all in the picture)
and they found ALL 300 of those eggs within 20 minutes!
Mrs. Z had the biggest group (the 1-4 yr. olds) And of course
all those kids had a parent with them too, so her
group looked huge! They were sooo cute, and would
get so excited when they picked up an egg! Just made you smile!
Whoa! Who would've thought that an egg would be here
next to the tree! ;)
Opening all the eggs! :D
Rachel (and Jared helped too) had the 9-14 age group.
So she got to hide her eggs the toughest! They looked like they
were having fun. They really had to search for some of those eggs!
After the eggs were all found we sat the kids back down
and had them open up all their eggs. They got to keep the candy
and give the eggs back (so we can do another egg hunt next year!)
And anybody who got a Bible verse in an egg got to go read it to
Mr. Huene and pick something from a prize table!
We kindof forgot that some of the kids wouldn't know how to read...
So it took a little while, but Mr. Huene, he's so sweet he got down
on the ground and either read the verse to the youngest kids, or
helped them sound out every word ;)
Hot dogs! Dad grilled lunch for everyone!Oh ho ho! ;) T and I made the desserts.
It was really fun! I'm hoarse, but I had such a great time!
I can't wait 'til next year! :D
Happy Easter All!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Here the eggs are real eggs painted. I never heard of filled ones. But it is a cool idea to also fill some of them with bible verses. Wow that looks like a hugh egghunt.