A few weekends ago we went out to the workday at Mendota Hills.
The weather had taken a chilly turn so in the morning Crystal and I worked inside the activity barn getting it cleaned up and ready for events, but once we finished that, Jared and I voted for an outdoor job. We pulled garbage out of the lake... We also learned that I'm not exactly the best at steering boats... But we got it all cleaned up!
Well, *almost* all cleaned up. There was this big storage drum in the water that had gotten all slimy and filled with water so it was really heavy that we hadn't managed to pull out, so later that night I went back down there and tried to get it out. It didn't work out so well for me. After the guy from the campsite I had drug the drum to the shore by gave me quite a bit of sage advice he decided to just come try it himself... Thankfully it wasn't just me that had trouble getting it out of the water. In the end I just took pictures while Jamie waded into the lake and the campers from the shore all lifted the drum out... :) Thanks guys!It was a fun day of working together, and we got a lot accomplished.


No comments:
Post a Comment