Thanksgiving!
I love that holiday so much! Of course, I really love just about every holiday...
Anyway! We always host Thanksgiving dinner at our house for whoever
wants to come (normally some of Dad's family and a few friends).
I don't know but there is something superhero-ish about Mom's...
In my book anyway! She was up around 5 a.m. to start cooking our turkey
and never stopped working until about 9 p.m that night! The food
was absolutely wonderful! All of it! And I don't know why, but if she cleans
something it always seems like 10 times cleaner than if I do it. All of us girls have
our assigned chores that we do around the house, but if by chance Mom ends
up just tidying up a little (like 3 minutes) it looks so much better than if I work
for 30! Don't you think that's a little unfair?? :) Oh well, I guess she's got a few
years' experience more than I...
their plates! (make sure it's not poison before we try any...)
for whatever group is over. If it's just us 5 than sometimes it can feel a little
crowded, but then we have 15 more people over and it feels right at the
comfortable level! Like if we had any more it'd be too full, and any less it'd be
to empty! (And then two days later you have Kalebaugh Family Christmas
and that's like 25 people and it's the same thing all over again!)
Jkjk! :D
And then somehow they expect us to fit in pie??!
in the picture.
Next to the turkey (and stuffing! Don't forget the stuffing), the visiting is
the one of my favorite things about this holiday!
Plus, I guess just the name Thanksgiving makes me reflective
and it's a good chance to really think about all the things I'm blessed
with and thankful for! What's that Bible verse about "always giving thanks
and making music to the Lord in your hearts"? Oh if only I could
pattern my life after that verse...
Turkey-induced coma stricken people resting in the living room.
celebration! :D It was quite fun!
We had a grand time visiting, and just sitting around and hanging out!
And Thanksgivingleftovers snacking :)
Of course Reid doesn't want to be in the picture...
Josh had found some great deals on some of the stuff he wanted to get
for the kids on Black Friday sales lists, but he had to work, so he convinced
us to go for him :P
to be driving?" To which Reid promptly says "BECKY!" He must
trust my driving the most out of our family :P
I'm okay with that!
Strange that he trusts my driving even though I stop looking at the
Strange that he trusts my driving even though I stop looking at the
road to have my picture taken...
Just kidding! We were just backing out of our driveway!
I do my best to be the safest driver I can so I'd not "not look" at the road.
I do my best to be the safest driver I can so I'd not "not look" at the road.
We ended up getting all the stuff that was on the list... With a little
work. It was quite a fun experience and I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime!
3 comments:
Looks like you had just enough turkey... Good thing we weren't there, you would have run out. Wow has Jared grown tall. At first I just couldn't believe that was him. Tell him I said hello and that he is becoming quite a handsome young man. So were there long lines at the stores?
Looking at this post makes me realize how precious you girls are to us and how much we love and miss you.
Hmmm, I guess sometimes you have to be away from home to realize what treasures you have there.
Wolfgang
Actually, we had way more turkey we just finished what was on the platter (we would have had plenty for you guys!) And yes, J is growing. He's going to be 15 next month!!
:D Thanks Wolfgang, now I've got the happywarmfuzzies, you make us feel special! We love you guys too!
Post a Comment