Friday, August 20, 2010

A little before-school "excursion"...

So, a few weeks ago, before Cameron started school we
went on a little "excursion". I had been wanting to do something
special with just him while he was still on summer break and realized
that I was quickly running out of time... So I enlisted the help
of a few friends and we got to go horseback riding!
At the beginning of summer Cam had mentioned that "someday"
he'd like to ride a horse but had never gotten to yet...
So when I asked him what he'd like to do for a fun day (and in

all seriousness he said "I've always kinda wanted to go to Hawaii...")
I made the executive decision to come up with something on my
own ;)
Here's a close up of Matrix, the horse I got to ride.
And here is Daisy, the horse my friend rode.
My friends were so sweet! We got to the barn and they had all
the horses groomed/saddled so we could just get right on with our ride,
and when we got back and they did all the work then too! Get that helmet on! Safety first ;)
Cameron leading Bo, the horse he got to ride.
And he's up! Btw, truck beds make amazing mounting ramps...
My picture of Me and Matrix...
Here we go!
The trail we went on.
Walkin' walkin' walkin'...
:D He's so cute!!! :D
Some of the beautiful scenery.
We even got to run for a while! :D And then Cam
couldn't wipe the smile off his face!
Headed back.
Wraya on Scout. :D I like these two as a riding pair...
My horse decided he was going to leave the group...
So I got a cool picture of them behind me :)
And back at the barn.
We got to ride for over an hour!
And they would have taken us much farther but since
Cam had never been on a horse, and I didn't want him sore for
football, and I was supposed to be back in Dixon...
:D Some horse-y companions welcomed us back.
Thanks so much Samantha, Wraya, and Shayna for a
really fun morning!
You girls are the best!

No comments: