I know Rachel already posted about Tools for School,
but I thought I'd give you all my version :)
We got to Camp Renoldswood around 8 a.m.
We got to Camp Renoldswood around 8 a.m.
No its not that "early" but we all still have the "I'm tired"
look in our eyes...
We were the coolest!
The orange team was our self declared 'arch rivals!'
We would play tug-of-war against them, "argue" with them,
(all in fun), it made it more eventful, and the kids all thought it was great.
Everybody Hi-5 the pencil!
It took us a few tries to catch on, but once we did, we were flinging
the balls high in the air, and the kids all had a great time running
underneath it too.
The leader of the O.T. was trying to walk against the pull of the rope
and got knocked down by the sheer force of our strength! :P
It was cool. Each kid had a ticket that had what grade they were going
to be in on it, and then there were lines that they would go through that
led to a table with all the backpacks for their age group, someone stood
at the front of the line and had a sign on their shirt that looked just
like the ticket that the kids would hold, and that way no one would
be confused... And the kindergartners wouldn't get a high school backpack...
And I sat in the grass drinking water for the most of it.
TFS provided all the workers lunches.
They had it catered from some place in Dixon, I just can't remember where.
Everybody got a wrap, a cookie, and a little bag of chips.
I had a Turkey wrap, chili fritos, and a chocolate chip cookie.
I had a lot of fun! I got to meet some new friends, have a great time with the kids, and I hope they had a good time too!
There ended up being about 700 backpacks given out!
No comments:
Post a Comment