Thursday, November 20, 2008

Snowy Day...

The other day we got some snow.
Now, I don't think I'm quite ready for the ground to be covered yet,
but it did look pretty while it was falling!

I decided to go and fly a kite in it.
That was something I had never did before (flying it in the snow)
It was fun!
Rachel, being the good twinly that she is, came out to "help"As you can see, she was a very good "helper" ;)
And Crystal of course came to take the pictures...
I don't know if this one turned out how she wanted it to,
I think it looks like we're getting a plague of locusts or something.
The kite was VERY persnickety.
I tried, and tried to get it to fly...

It took quite a while to finally get the hang of it.
It was a glider kind of a thing and I'm not used to that kind.
(or at least that's what I'm claiming)
FINALLY! Sweet success and victory!
Marvelous, Glorious, triumph!
(over a cloth stretched between plastic sticks!!!)
Once I got it in the air, and figured out how to keep it up,
I enjoyed myself.
A little cold, but lots of fun!
I stayed out for a while, but once the sun started to set
it got too cold.
Thank you Lord for the beauty of life itself.
You never cease to amaze me.








1 comment:

jess said...

FUN!!!! cool pictures!

-Jess