Monday, March 12, 2012

Quelf!

Last Sunday night we invited some friends over to Mom's Dixon rental/Grandpa's old house, a.k.a. our new self claimed "party spot". We wanted to play Quelf, a crazy new game that Rachel had just bought.
Jess and Jamie had not played it before, so we got to enlighten them (muahahaha!)
Sawyer found his favorite little spot... Underneath the T.V. He was so cute just chillin' in there and swiping everyone's phones to play on in there!
Quelf is somewhat of a hard game to describe, but basically there are 5 different categories of cards, and what ever color you land on on the game board, the colors coordinate to a category of card. You draw the card and do whatever it tells you to do. Sometimes its trivia, and you get bonus points if you guess correctly. Sometimes its acting. Most of the time, its just crazy random stuff... Not a game for the self-conscious or easily embarrassed!Sawyer found the Honey BBQ fritos and was "sharing" them with everyone. He decided to transport them in the skillet that had at different points during the game been alternately stood in, sat in, in someone's shirt, and even been worn as a hat... Nobody really ate the fritos... :P
Sawyer invited company into his "barn" as he was calling his little under the T.V. hideaway... I tried to accommodate him, but as you can see, I'm just a little overgrown for the barn... Here's Emily and Matt :)
I think Matt was drumming invisible drums with the spatulas right then...
Like I said, Quelf is a crazy random game...
Alas, this is really the only "people" picture I have... I have some videos, but I have been forbidden to post them anywhere because they've been deemed "too embarrassing" and I value my life... But hey, if I ever need any blackmail...
We had a great night. I'm thinking it calls for a repeat sometime soon!

1 comment:

jess said...

We had such a fun time! I second the idea for a repeat in the near future!