Friday, April 1, 2011

So Much For Getting To Bed Early...

Ah, 12:30. Here we are again... I'm generally a "night person" and like staying up later, especially after the rest of my family has went to bed. I get some nice quiet time and all that. But, tonight I was hoping to fall asleep earlier than usual. Looks like that's not going to happen though. Oh well! Anyway, this verse keeps thundering through my head, so I looked up the meaning of some of the words and thought I'd put it up here. It's Isaiah 43:1b. It says, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine." Fear: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, ect., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Not: that one's pretty self explanatory ;) Redeemed: 1. to buy or pay off, to clear by payment 2. to buy back 3. to recover by payment or other satisfaction 4. to exchange for money or goods 5. to convert 6. to discharge or fulfill (a pledge, promise, ect.,) 7. to make up for; make amends for; offset. 8. TO OBTAIN THE RELEASE OR RESTORATION OF, AS FROM CAPTIVITY, BY PAYING A RANSOM. "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine."

No comments: