Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Little Day Trip.

A few months ago we went on a day trip as a family.
We didn't go too far, but we kept busy and had a good time.
We went to a wildlife preserve in Peoria, IL.
I liked their welcome sign because it was written in quite
a few different languages.
There was this neat Indian statue too...

Isn't this very, um, unique carpet??

Yes, yes, I know it should have been obvious, but after
leaving I thought "wow, and all those animals were like
native to this area..."
:( Unfortunately the bears were hiding, but we did get to

see quite a lot of cool animals!
Crystal framing the framed sign that showed what weeds
to stay away from... Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac.
Traffic cones!! :) I just had to get a picture...
I really liked this picture too, I thought the little
goat face was quite cute.
Coyotes!
:D What a great sign... It was in the gift shop, and I almost bought
it I liked it so well. Almost...
A snake. (Mom went running out of the reptile house when
the handler brought this one back in from showing it off
outside).
Buffalo! There were so many of them and we were so close
to them! Only separated by a little fence. I kept thinking
"Uh, these things could stampede or whatever buffalo do
and kill us all!!" Sorry little morbid there, but hey! Seriously,
something bigger than my couch and at leas 5x as heavy running...
And we even got to see baby ones! I think this one
was only a few weeks old. So cute!
Then, after the wildlife place, we went to Bishop Hill, it was
pretty much a extremist/commune town way back when...
But now the old buildings are museums, they've got historical stuff,
and its all touristy. I liked it and so did Dad, but I think my
other family members where just more ready for air conditioner
and supper...
Getting documentation of our day :)
A cool picture of Rachel in a museum for you...
And then, after supper (where we ran into Mark, Sue, and Linda)
we went and paid a visit to Dano's...
:D And Mark, Sue, and Linda joined us for our "dessert" too!

It was a very fun, and very full day!

No comments: