Thursday, November 5, 2009

Well... (part 2)

Another REALLY neat thing that we did this summer was
kayaking. As Dad would put it, we 'conquered' the 'mighty'
Raccoon River ;) We had never kayaked before, but decided that
it is definitely something we will do again.
I love this picture of Taffie! (like most pictures of her...)
We also went to the Maquoketa Caves.
Drena and Reid were with us too. We wanted to do something
fun as a sort of 'farewell to summer' thing before Reid, Rach,
and I had to restart school.
We got REALLY dirty, tired, and bruised, but it was well worth it!

VBS at Mentoda Hills :)
Mom was our 'leader'. And the theme was 'how God
can change lives.' The 'apostle Paul' came to visit us one day.
And every day Rach, Zoe, and I used puppets to do little
lesson/skits.
Christian Celebration Weekend followed VBS.
There were concerts, games, volleyball, a shaved ice stall, a
food vendor thing, church, lots of stuff!

On Friday night, before all the activities would begin in the
morning, we went to the campground to set up the tents.
None of us had ever did that, and there weren't very clear
directions on how to put them together...
Needless to say, we had a great time. I don't know about all the
rest of them, but I found it hilariously funny and really fun just
trying to come up with what to do... And there were a lot of us,
and lots of people working toward one thing is always a plus too.
Mrs. Zigler set up a ladies luncheon in September.
Mom and another lady spoke at it, and us 3 helped serving food.
When it didn't rain ;) we had some BEAUTIFUL sunsets!
One night we managed to get some really pretty pictures.
It felt like the leaves changed colors really quickly this year.
Probably because it was rainy/cold during the weeks that it
was happening that we only got to be out and enjoy the colors for
a few days.
:) One day I was sitting on the porch and just started snapping
pictures randomly of Taffie. I love my dog!!!
Okay, so I know this is weird, but when I see this picture the
first thing I think about is 'turtleneck'.
Well, its late.
I'm getting off of here so I can go to bed.
I had intended on finishing out all the posts of summer pictures
today but the internet was out for most of the day and just came
back on this evening. So we'll see. I hope to do it tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a relly cool idea to show all the things you did last year.
I like the pictures
Kathrin

theTwins said...

Thanks Kathrin!
I was going through pictures the other day and saw a bunch I didn't have on here so I decided to blog them :)